Laboratory Analyses – Materials Testing – R & D
The competence and reliability of KHD´s test center is based on:
- Staff - experienced in the areas of cement process technologies and coal & minerals processing.
- Equipment with a broad range of facilities for analyzing and testing the broad variety of the relevant materials in laboratory, bench and large scale.
- Laboratory techniques and test procedures, partially developed by KHD but all tailor-made.
The results of chemical and physical analyses and testing provide a basis for:
- optimization of raw mix design
- process flowsheet development
- provision of layout data for plants and machinery
- safeguarding of warranties
Chemical and physical laboratory
Laboratory analyses at KHD test center comprises the latest methods and procedures applied to raw materials, intermediate, products, and solid fuels. Chemical and physical testing of the materials related to the cement production process:
- Chemical analyses
- Fuel analyses
- Particle size analyses
- Determination of absolute density
- Determination of mass-related surface (BLAINE)
- Grindability tests according to Zeisel for raw material and cement; according to Hardgrove for coal and according to Bond for ores
- KHD crushability and abrasion tests, etc.
Laboratory up to semi-industrial test facilities at KHD Humboldt Wedag´s test center allow for realistic tests with materials related to the cement production process like raw materials, clinker, slag, petcoke etc.
High Pressure Grinding Mills / Roller Presses
Operating in open and closed circuit with a capacity of 10 to 50 t/h depending on the feed material and the fineness; moisture content up to 10%.
- RP 80/25 with 800 mm roll diameter and 250 mm width
- RP 80/120 with 800 mm roll diameter and 120 mm width
Static V- and dynamic, high efficiency VSK®- and SKS-separators operating as single machines or as process step in the closed circuit test mill.
- V- and VSK®-separators
- SKS-separator, SEPMASTER
If you are interested
in testing specific materials at our test center, please refer to the contacts
on the right for your respective region.