Batı Anadolu Group chooses KHD pyro-process technology for new 5,000 t/d kiln line at Batısöke Cement plant in Turkey
The BATI ANADOLU GROUP, Batısöke Cimento Sanayii T.A.S., awarded KHD Humboldt Wedag a contract for engineering, delivery of equipment, training, and erection and commissioning advisory services for its new 5,000 tpd clinker production line. The new line will be built directly next to existing lines near the city of Söke, Aydin in in the Aegean region of Turkey.
After positive experiences with its two KHD pyrolines at their Izmir plant, which have been running since 1966, and KHD COMFLEX® grinding system, ordered in 2013, Batısöke Cimento has once again shown confidence in KHD´s advanced technology.
This project will be KHD’s second largest kiln line in Turkey and will mark the second commissioning of KHD’s Low-NOx calciner with PYROLOOP® technology in EMEA. Coupled with KHD’s proven pyroprocessing technology, this project will combine cutting-edge thermal recuperation and low emissions technology.
KHD designed core components for this contract include:
- 5-stage preheater with PYROCLON-R® LowNOx calciner, equipped with PYROLOOP®, PYROTOP® compact mixing chamber, tertiary air duct, and
- PYROBOX® calciner firing system for primary and secondary fuels
- PYRORAPID® two-station rotary kiln, 5.0 m diameter x 59.0 m long
- PYROJET® kiln burner for primary and secondary fuels
- PFC2841 AW clinker cooler equipped with a PYROCRUSHER® System
With the installation of the new pyroline, in with the latest KHD technology, BATISÖKE, will have a clinker production line that is equipped with the most advanced pyroline technology in the market.
The commissioning is scheduled during the autumn of 2016.