Holcim Argentina, a member of LafargeHolcim, selects KHD as the supplier for the modernization project of its Clinker Production Line at Malagueño, Córdoba, Argentina
Holcim Argentina awarded Humboldt Wedag GmbH a supply contract for the revamping of its Malagueño clinker production line located close to Córdoba, Argentina. Holcim Argentina will recommission its mothballed production line of 1650 tpd, which originally was supplied by Humboldt Wedag in the early 1980s. The additional plant capacity will strengthen Holcim Argentina´s position in the growing Argentinian cement market.
KHD’s scope includes the engineering and supply of mechanical equipment for raw material preparation and clinker production as well as electrical equipment in order to modernize and recommission the currently mothballed production line no. 1.
The core equipment includes:
- Tertiary raw material crusher with a capacity of 250t/h
- Ball mill drive for existing ball mill + new feeding equipment for raw meal preparation
- High-efficiency separator for raw material grinding plant
- Kiln feed dosing system
- 4-stage preheater of latest KHD design
- Rotary kiln 4,4 x 64m + drive system
- Revamping of existing clinker cooler with “fourth generation” walking floor grate
- Main bag house for kiln/mill and clinker cooler
- Main process fans of latest KHD high efficiency design
The commissioning of the modernized production line is planned for middle of 2019. With this reference KHD continues to demonstrate their market leadership in highly reliable and energy efficient Grinding and Pyro systems.