KHD to upgrade the raw material grinding unit of thomas zement in Erwitte, Germany
thomas zement recently awarded Humboldt Wedag GmbH (KHD) a brown field EPC contract for upgrading its raw material grinding plant in Erwitte, Germany. This fast track project comprises
- Process-, mechanical-, electrical- and civil engineering services
- Mechanical and electrical equipment supply with the following main machinery equipment:
- Roller Press for raw material grinding
- Static V-Separator
- SKS-High Efficient Dynamic Separator
- KHD Process Fan type HKF
- Structural steel supply
- Erection and installation services for mechanical and electrical equipment as well as structural steel
- Supervision services for erection, installation and commissioning
Additional to the abovementioned scope of supply, KHD is also responsible for the tie-in of the new equipment to the existing raw material- and product transport, as well as gas handling and treating.
The erection and installation of the new grinding plant will be carried out during operation of the production line followed by a minimal possible switch-over period.
The Erwitte plant in the eastern part of Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany is rich in tradition and history. Taken over early 2018 the Erwitte plant represents the second cement production line of the thomas group. With this modernization project thomas zement will set up one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly raw material grinding plants in Europe and will strengthen the group´s market position in the competitive cement producer´s environment.