KHD wins order for 5,000 t/d kiln line in Brazil
Cologne, August 29, 2011 – Humboldt Wedag Inc., a subsidiary of KHD Humboldt Wedag International AG (KHD) has received an order from Cimentos Liz S.A. in Brazil for the equipment supply, engineering and site advisory and commissioning services, for a new 5,000 t/d production line. The contract is split into two phases. The first 90 day engineering phase is already in force. During this period the customer has an option to withdraw from the contract. If this option is not exercised the contract, when fully in force, will have a total value for KHD of over USD 120 million, otherwise KHD will be paid for all services rendered during phase one. With the completion of this project which is located in Lagoa Santa-Vespasiano, Brazil, the plant will be the largest single cement plant in Brazil and one of the largest in South America.
KHD´s scope of supply includes auxiliary equipment, electrical power system components and instrumentation, as well as core KHD components, including:
- COMFLEX® raw grinding system incorporating a KHD RPS18 Roller Press, with V and SKS® Separators which when combined make this system the most energy efficient raw grinding system available today.
- 5-stage Humboldt preheater with PYROCLON® calciner, equipped with a PYROTOP® compact mixing chamber, tertiary air duct and KHD COMBUSTION CHAMBER for firing alternative fuels
- PYRORAPID® 5.0 m x 69.0 m two-tire rotary kiln
- PYRO-JET® LowNox kiln burner and KHD Combustion Chamber burner both designed for a variety of fuels.
- Clinker cooler equipped with a PYROCRUSHER® roller type clinker crusher.
- KHD Ball Mill system for grinding of solid fuels designed with the same size gear drive as for the COMFLEX® raw and finish grinding systems.
- COMFLEX® finish grinding system incorporating dual KHD RPS18 Roller Presses with V and SKS® Separators which when combined, just like for the raw grinding system, make this the most energy efficient finish grinding system available today. Both raw and finish grinding systems will share the same size drives and the same grinding rollers for reduced spare parts inventory.
Portions of the fabrication for this line will be locally supplied in Brazil. Utilizing KHD alternative fuel technologies, the plant will be able to burn up to 25% waste fuels in the combustion chamber and up to 10% old tires in the kiln. The plant will also incorporate the latest of KHD’s environmentally friendly technology for reduction of gaseous and dust emissions.
KHD is a global leader for providing equipment and services to cement producers with over 150 years of experience in the cement industry. Process engineering and project management are among the core competencies of the technology-focused group. KHD offers a wide spectrum of products and services for the cement industry and is a leader in environmentally friendly and energy-efficient products for the grinding and pyro processing sections of the plants. The holding company KHD Humboldt Wedag International AG, based in Cologne, Germany, coordinates its internationally operating subsidiaries. The group employs more than 750 employees worldwide, including customer service centers in growing markets like India, Russia and the Asia Pacific region. KHD Humboldt Wedag International AG (ISIN: DE0006578008, WKN: 657800) is listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange (General Standard). More information: www.khd.com.
Tel.: +49 (0)611 – 205855-11
Fax: +49 (0)611 – 205855-66
North American contact: