SOMA Cimento selects KHD pyro-process technology for the new 4,000 t/d kiln line at their new cement plant in Manisa, Turkey
SOMA Cimento demonstrated their confidence in KHD´s advanced technology, by placing an order for the engineering and equipment supply of its new 4,000 t/d clinker production line at SOMA cement plant, located near the town of Soma, Manisa in the Aegean region of Turkey.
The contract with SOMA Cimento, awards KHD the order for engineering, equipment supply, and supervision of erection and commissioning, including KHD’s SIMULEX plant simulation system which will simulate the operation of the plant.
The core components of KHD’s new line are:
- 5-stage KHD Preheater with PYROCLON-R® LowNOX AF calciner, equipped with
- PYROTOP® compact mixing chamber, tertiary air duct and PYROBOX calciner firing system.
- PYRORAPID® two-tire rotary kiln, with a diameter of 4.6 m.
- PYRO-JET® kiln burner
- PYROFLOOR® clinker cooler equipped with a PYROCRUSHER® System.
- This project will mark the third commissioning of KHD’s Low-NOx calciner with PYROLOOP® Technology in Turkey. Coupled with KHD’s proven pyroprocessing technology, this project will combine cutting-edge thermal recuperation and low emissions technology.
This will be the KHD’s 51st kiln line in Turkey. Traditionally, Turkey has the highest market share of KHD equipment, with almost 70% of Turkish production units designed and installed by KHD.
Commissioning of the plant is scheduled for the spring of 2018.